Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Artist's Blogs Webring - Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts

Forums     Login   Signup

Artist's Blogs Webring

Manager: wittfoto
Are you a creative person? Then you are an artist! This ring is for artistic webloggers who want to share their thoughts, feelings, creative works with others. If you're a visual artist, musician, creative writer, or just want to share your artistic aspirations, JOIN THIS RING!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

My Blue pottery - inspired earrings - 09/30/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-b2aD0VbSneI/UkkawoHWXDI/AAAAAAAAAns/YOdraMnaL_A/s320/Blue_pottery_styled_CP_005.JPG

In my earlier post , I had mentioned the earrings that were featured, inspired by Blue pottery of Jaipur.  So here they are ..!!    The decided to use the cold porcelain without tinting . The first pair of earrings, I decided to shape into long , but fairly similar shards of pottery . I kept them white and just drew the cobalt blue designs that are predominant on white pottery.. similar designs on corresponding sides . Here the earrings above show one view of each side  .  The next pair of earrings are made of short , squat beads, that are cylindrical in shape and formed by hand. These are colored with a vague floral motif , but mimic the blue, yellow and hints of black. I used small white discs to give a lift and multi-faceted , double shaded beads below. The ear hooks are German silver. Tried out a new varnish..sadly it had a very light tint of yellow. So the pristine white of the cold porcelain does look a bit marred in the first pair. Have to keep that in mind next time..

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy